Nishio City Library User’s Guide
When you borrow books:
When you borrow books for the first time, you need to bring your ID to obtain a library card. Since the card is valid indefinitely, be careful not to lose it. If your address or phone number changes, please notify the staff.
Please bring items you want to borrow and your library card to the counter on the first floor. You can check out up to 20 items (magazines up to 5, DVDs and CDs up to 5 in all) for a period of 15 days.
When you return books:
Please return books on the first floor. (Your library card is not necessary.) You can return books into the return box outside when the library is closed. (NOTE: Do not use the box for materials of interlibrary loans.)
Where to find what you want:
- Floor 1: Picture books, children’s books, picture-cards
- Floor 2: Books of general interest, books in large type, foreign books, study-aid books, books on local history
- Floor 3: newspapers, magazines, DVDs,Video tapes, CDs
If you cannot find the books you want:
Feel free to ask the staff at the counter. You can make a reservation for books out on loan so that you will be put on the waiting list (Internet reservation is available by registering your e-mail address and password at the counter. Please refer to the information sheet at this link for more details.) You can also make a request for books we do not have. We will help via interlibrary loan or by purchasing the materials.
- Hours: 9:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- Closed: Monday and The 3rd Thursday of each month
- Inventory period December 29 – January 3
Story Telling by Volunteers —picture books, picture-cards, puppet shows, hand games, etc.
- The Infant Corner in the library
- The 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month: from 10:30 A.M.
- Every Wednesday: from 3:30 P.M.
- The 1st and 3rd Friday of each month: from 10:30 A.M.
- The 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month: from 3:30 P.M.
- The 3rd Saturday of each month: from 3 P.M.
Nishio City Library Phone: 0563-56-6200